Monday, May 31, 2010

Obituary

I remember two years ago, I went to five funerals. It was my assistant manager's husband, then my uncle, they my ex-fiance's grandmother from his father side then it was my best friend then it was my ex-fiance's grandmother but this time from his mother side. My grandmother passed away after being in a coma for four years in the beginning of last year. Among all these funerals, one thing was common, the tear jerking eulogies by the family and friends of the departed one. Imagine your life being compressed in a 10 minute speech.

On our deathbed, there's really a limited number of things that we could take with us. Same way, there are only a few things that people will remember about us. So the things that we worry about, those that consumes our days and nights, are they as valuable as we make them? Will it matter days, months or years from now? We all have the tendency to give things too much credit that what it really deserves and for that we should reassess our priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment