Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Saw the Sign

The title reminds me of an old song by Ace of Base. Hahaha. But do you believe in signs? For example, when you want something so bad, you ask for a sign and if you see the sign, it would be the universe's way of telling you that it's on its way. Or it could be when you are having a hard time making decisions and you see things around you pointing to one direction and you tell yourself, it's a sign. It's like that movie, Fools Rush In. For the record, I love that movie!!! Well, I love Salma Hayek!

So I remember when I was miserable and jobless, I have all the time in the world to read emails even if it's those forwarded ones or chain letters. There was one that I got that was actually a prayer to St. Therese and it lets you make a wish and for you to know that your wish will come true, you will see roses. Since I'm getting no where, I have asked that I get a job. I didn't know if it was possible but that's all I wanted, to find a job. Back then I was really getting desperate and didn't know what to do to my life. Oh yes! I went through that so believe me when I say, I love my job! Days have gone and I have forgotten about that email. To my surprise, I get this really huge arrangement of pink flowers. So huge that I barely saw the face of the delivery guy. It had a lot of pink flowers, really beautiful ones. And if you know me, you would know that I am a sucker for flowers. But I didn't really notice the roses up until I checked my email and it said that the company I'm working for now, is hiring me. Oh! You should have seen how happy I was, jumping and doing my crazy victory dance. And I said to myself and probably all the people I knew back then, God is good and when He answered my prayers... He sent me a sign.

Moving forward, four years after, I don't know if I should ask for a sign. I think I am in a crossroad. I have come to a point where in yes, I want to move up because I think I'm good but at the same time, with things at work slowly slipping down and I don't know if it's due to the fact that we don't have an assistant manager or that I'm just not an effective leader, I'm starting to doubt my capabilities. I would have to say that I'm too coward to ask for a sign again because what if the sign never comes, then I will be forever waiting. Or should I listen to the signs everywhere, regardless what it's trying to tell me. But what if I'm reading the signs wrong?

Logical me says, why would you gamble the career you work so hard for by relying your decisions on signs? Ahhh.... Too much thinking!!! If you have any thoughts, leave me a message. You might be the sign I'm waiting for. Hahaha.

1 comment:

  1. First off things slipping at work have nothing to do with your abilities. You are amazing at work and don't ever forget that.

    Signs are an amazing thing to look for, but I don't think they should ever determine what course of action to take. I think of signs as more of a reassurance that you are on the right path. When I drive to Sacrament from Fullerton (even though it's straight on one freeway for 6.5 hours) I always look at the road signs to make sure I'm headed the right way.

    If I realize that the signs are saying I'm not taking the most direct route to my destination I always have a choice. Go a little longer in the direction I'm headed and then meet up with my goal later on or turn around and go the other way which may lead to a more direct path to my goal.

    You do a great job at work. You are responsible for our success and I think we are responsible for our failures.

    ReplyDelete